Information and Assistance
We can help you to understand and navigate the complexities of the self-publishing industry.
Our assistance can help you get up to speed with what you need to know about self publishing.
- Your your printing and distribution options, including Amazon KDP, and IngramSpark
- Explain ISBN choices, barcodes etc,
- Advantages and limitations of local printing.
- Advantages and limitations of Print-on-Demand printing.
- Self editing and self book design tools ,
- Do it your self book design and options for low-cost book design and formatting tools.
What is needed to get started
For best and most cost effective results
- Your manuscript is in Microsoft Word or Libre Office format
- Your manuscript must be the complete final proofread version.
- Illustrations or photographs must be 400dpi or greater and in .png or .jpg format.
Professional Page Layout and Book Design
We provide page design and layout services to format your novel, poetry book, or picture book for publishing using Amazon KDP or IngramSpark. We use a group of standard high quality fonts designed for printing in books not just on screen. We provide assistance to help you upload your book to Amazon or Ingram.
No Surprises Book Design Pricing
- Formatting for standard sizes offered by Amazon / Ingram Spark for print on demand.
- Standard interior formatting including copyright, dedication, chapter page, and title page design.
- Choices of standard fonts and incidental graphics.
- Preview and final formatting revisions included
If you are ready to get started.
- Give us some detailed information about your book using the Tell us about your book form.
- We will then contact you to answer any questions and arrange a timeline for your book design project.
- The design process will begin once you read and agree to our Terms and Conditions and pay the initial invoice for half the estimated total cost of the project.
In the end, what will it cost you to print your book?
Historically, self-publishing was limited to so-called vanity presses who charged the author for designing and printing the book. The price per book varied depending on how many books you had in a print run. Often, to get a good price per book, large print runs were required. But times changed rapidly with print-on-demand. Amazon and IngramSpark charge low or no setup fee and provide author copies at a fixed price per book regardless of how many or how few books you order. Amazon and IngramSpark also offer marketing services to help market your book.
Print-on-demand (POD) printing is offers quality books matching publisher quality from a digital book design. POD printing has ether a color interior or not. Even is only a few pages need color. .
- The printing cost for a quality paperback with a black-and-white interior will cost approximately two cents a page to print.
- The printing cost for a quality paperback with a standard quality color interior will cost approximately eight cents a page to print.
These prices per page are only for example, the final price is set by Amazon or IngramSpark when the book is printed. .