- No local printer has the marketing heft of Amazon or the international reputation and reach of Ingram.
- Amazon KDP and IngramSpark have no minimum number of book purchase requirements.
- Compared with having your book published by a small publisher, you are likely to make more money per book sold.
- Your books will be available world wide, online and for bookstores to order.
- Ability to have small print runs of author copies for your use of your novel or poetry book.
- You will have to setup an account with Amazon KDP or Ingram Spark and upload files. For those not comfortable online that can be a challenge.
- You will have to purchase an ISBN for you book or use an ISBN supplied by Amazon KDP or Ingram Spark.
Note - We provide remote online assistance to help to help you setup your Amazon KDP or Ingram Spark account and upload files.
First we gather information about your book via our About Your Book form. We ask for you to upload the final proofed manuscript in Microsoft Word or Libre Office format. On the About your Book form please give us a detailed description of any special requirements such as graphics, pictures or other requirements.
Once you have completed About your Book form and uploaded your Manuscript we will give you a tentative project schedule and firm project cost estimate.
You will get a finished PDF interior file formatted for Amazon KDP printing or Printing by IngramSpark. If we supply the cover you will get a PDF cover file formatted for Amazon KDP printing or Printing by IngramSpark If your project also includes formatting an e-book, you will receive an epub format e-book file.
Once you have completed About your Book form and uploaded your Manuscript we will give you a tentative project schedule and project cost estimate.
Our availability varies based on current work. Once your information has been submitted on the About your Book form we can give a tentative start time for the work. When we receive the initial down payment for your project, we can reserve time for your book design and when we will work on your book.
We have examples and information for estimating your cost on the Book Design Price page.
The first part of the design process is for us to review you submitted information and manuscript to get a more firm estimate of the project page count and special needs. After reviewing your manuscript, and before we send you the the first invoice, we will give you and updated cost based on the anticipated number of pages and your submitted information about any special requirements.
We will send you an initial invoice for half the anticipated cost of your project before beginning work on your book project.
We will send you a second invoice once the work is completed and you approve the draft design.
You will receive the final files ready to upload to Amazon or Ingram upon receiving the payment for the second invoice.
We provide finished files for printing by Amazon KDP or IngramSpark. You need to have or create an account with Amazon KDP or IngramSpark or both and upload the files. If that seems difficult, we can provide Zoom remote assistance to help you sign up and upload your files.
An ISBN is international standard product identifier used by publishers, booksellers, libraries, internet retailers. It represents the exact size, shape, and content of a book. your own. The video below gives a good explanation or the pros and cons of using a free ISBN verses buying your own.
More about ISBN at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISBN